Julian Alps Card: Bohinj
The Julian Alps Card provides great savings when on holiday in Bohinj, with discounts on travel, car-parking and free admissions to local attractions. The card aims to make tourism more sustainable by encouraging environmentally-friendly modes of transport in the Bohinj area. Anyone who stays for at least two nights in accommodation that is partnered with the scheme is eligible to buy the Julian Alps Card.
We are delighted to be part of this initiative, and guests staying at Pr Méžnarjo can benefit from purchasing a card at any one of the local Tourist Information Centres (TIC) – the nearest is the TIC in Stara Fužina, just a 3 minute walk away.
Available from 1st April-31st October, highlights includes;
- Free car parking in Bohinj
- Free bus rides in Bohinj and beyond
- Free rides on the Bohinj Tourist Boat
- Free admission to all museums in Bohinj
- Free admission to Slap Savica, Mostnica Gorge and The Church of St John the Baptist
- 5-50% discounts on many other activities and sightseeing in Bohinj and Slovenia, including the Vogel cable car and the Aquapark in Bohinjska Bistrica.
Expect to pay around €19 per adult for a three-day pass, €26 for five days or €29 for ten days. Bohinj is family friendly, and one child’s card (up to age 14) is free per paying adult.
So a family of four with two adults and two children would pay €38 for three days, €52 for five days or €58 for ten days.
There are two choices of card available in the Winter season, which runs from 1st November-31st March.
The Basic Winter Mobility Card (free of charge) includes;
- Free ski bus rides to Vogel, Soriška Planina, Senožeta and Pokljuka ski centres
- Free bus rides in Bohinj
The Premium Winter Mobility Card covers all of this and;
- Free visits to natural and cultural sites
- Discounts on winter sport activities
For the premium winter card expect to pay around €10 per adult for a three-day pass, €14 for five days and €20 for ten days. As with the Julian Alps Card, one child card is free with every paying adult.